Bill was admitted to the Texas State Bar in 1987. His areas of practice include staff leasing, insurance bad faith, general civil and commercial litigation, employment litigation, transportation litigation, construction disputes, insurance coverage litigation, non-subscriber litigation, products liability and personal injury. Bill has represented small businesses, large corporations, insurance companies, insureds and individuals. He has a strong record of success. He has handled large personal injury and commercial cases in state and federal courts. Bill has also appeared in numerous arbitrations before the American Arbitration Association. His practice is national in scope and he has served as primary counsel to clients in the litigation and arbitration of disputes in Arkansas, Nebraska, Florida, Tennessee, Missouri, Oklahoma, California, Arizona, Illinois, Louisiana and Texas.
Bill has an “AV” rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest review rating. His practice is unique because he has experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants. Bill has tried more than 70 civil jury trials and 40 bench trials to verdict.
Bill received a B.S., from Oklahoma State University, in 1984, and a J.D. from the University of Tulsa School of Law in 1987 where he served as member of the Tulsa Energy Law Review. Bill left a large Dallas law firm in 1995 to form Reid & Associates, now Reid Dennis & Frick. The firm was created to provide clients with attorneys who have the work ethic, intelligence and experience to have a positive impact on their case. Reid & Dennis attorneys work hard because we expect results.
Bill advises clients in all phases of the litigation process and crisis management. He has extensive experience drafting contracts and creating business policies designed to reduce litigation. Bill has represented clients for more than twenty years in the litigation and arbitration of complex disputes, including commercial, employment, transportation, construction, insurance and personal injury disputes.
Since 1992, Bill has been heavily engaged in the representation of staff leasing and temporary employment agencies throughout Texas.
Areas of Practice
- Defended staff leasing businesses in litigation to preserve the co-employment and exclusive remedy defense.
- Defended insurance companies and adjusters in bad faith disputes.
- Defended manufacturers of products in product liability litigation.
- Defended Drivers and Trucking Companies in Multimillion dollar wrongful death and personal injury
- Defended Employers in Nonsubscriber employee injury lawsuits.
- Represented insurers and insureds in federal district court litigation and recovered a multi million dollar settlement to resolve a complex bad faith and re-insurance dispute.
- Represented insurers in subrogation claims to recover multi million dollar settlements from responsible third parties.
- Represented companies in pursuing commercial litigation claims involving fraud, negligent misrepresentation, breach of fiduciary duty, civil conspiracy and tortious interference with a contract.
- Represented employers in injunction litigation enforcing non compete provisions and protecting business trade secrets.
- Contract Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Dram-Shop Litigation
- Construction Law Disputes, Defects & Accidents
- Commercial Landlord-Tenant Disputes
- Commercial Account Collection
- Business Torts
- Employment Litigation
- Nonsubscriber litigation
- PEO, Temporary Help Litigation and Co-employment litigation Trucking Litigation wrongful death and catastrophic injury claims
- Trade Secret & Non-Compete Matters
- Insurance Coverage
- Arbitration & Mediation
State Bar of Texas
United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
US District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
US District Court for the Western District of Texas
US District Court for the Northern District of Texas
US District Court for the Southern District of Texas